These new titles can be found in the following databases:
Drama Criticism Vol 033 – Literature Criticism
Something About the Author Vol 197 - Something About the Author
Note: They are no longer available in Gale Virtual Reference Library. The catalog records for these two titles are in the process of being updated. Their links will be changed to the databases rather than going into Gale Virtual Reference Library.
Something About the Author Vol 189
Something About the Author Vol 190
Something About the Author Vol 191
Something About the Author Vol 192
Something About the Author Vol 193
Contemporary Literary Criticism Vol 263
Drama Criticism Vol 032
Nineteenth-Century Literature Criticism Vol 203
Poetry Criticism Vol 092
Contemporary Literary Criticism Vol 260
Short Story Criticism Vol 115
- Browse Topics – access 600+ topical entries easily through our new alpha-browse feature, with new entries added regularly.
- Updated indexing in “Browse Works” and “Browse Authors” – deep cross-referencing found in Gale’s Literary Index is now integrated within Literature Criticism Online.
- Titles Discussed – works entries include links to all relevant pages that discuss a related title within any given essay – extreme cross-referencing at work.
- Updated language – intuitive “Inside this Entry” and “Inside this Volume” links provide easily understood directions for exploring volumes and entries.
- Updated design to Print/View PDFs – page limits reduce the amount of loading time (and printer paper) for patrons who want more than just a two-page spread.
- Hit-Term Highlighting and Relevant Pages now available for Keyword searches – originally active in full-text searches, this has now been applied to keyword searches, too.
- New design for navigating to Relevant Pages – find your search terms easily by navigating directly to relevant pages with the click of a mouse.
- Cleaner InfoMarks for document Source Citations – links are more readily recognized in bibliographies, coursepacks, social bookmarking sites and more.
Some additional basic changes in Literature Criticism Online will have a MAJOR effect on how relevancy and currency are perceived within the database. By changing the Basic Search default index from “Full-text” to “Keyword” and changing the default sort from “Publication Date Ascending” to “Publication Date Descending”, users will find the most up-to-date entries and relevant keyword search results at their fingertips, without changing anything other than their search terms!
Contemporary Literary Criticism Vol 255
Contemporary Literary Criticism Vol 256
Contemporary Literary Criticism Vol 257
Nineteenth-Century Literature Criticism Vol 197
Poetry Criticism Vol 089
Twentieth-Century Literary Criticism Vol 204
Twentieth-Century Literary Criticism Vol 205
Twentieth-Century Literary Criticism Vol 206
Twentieth-Century Literary Criticism Vol 207
Short Story Criticism Vol 112
Short Story Criticism Vol 113