Power to the User: Interactive Online Reference Sources
Translation tools, visual searches, mobile applications—these are just a few of the features that let the user interact with reference databases in new ways. In this program for librarians in all types of libraries, a reference expert will talk about the value and potential of interactive features, and publishers will demonstrate some of their newest interactive tools and give us a preview of what’s coming next. Don’t miss this look at some of the features that are shaping the next generation of online reference sources.
- Sue Polanka, Head, Reference and Instruction, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio, and Chair of the Reference Books Bulletin Editorial Board
- Michael N. Ross, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Product Development and Technology, General Manager of Education, Encyclopaedia Britannica
- Larissa Kozij, Manager, Digital Products, World Book, Inc.
- Vince Burns, Executive Editorial Director, ABC-CLIO
- Eric M. Calaluca, President and CEO, Paratext
Where: Virtual Library Training Room
When: June 1, 2010 at 11am – noon
Don’t miss what is sure to be an informative session.
Contact Steve Baskin – email@example.com to reserve your seat today!
Remember to complete an Application for Employee Education/Training/Conference Attendance if you plan on participating. I want to make sure everyone who attends receives their just ABRA training credit .