On Monday we will be launching our new service – Freegal Music Downloads. Over the weekend, staff are welcome to try it out. The url to access it is http://lvccld.org/library/bmm/freegalmusic.cfm.
On Monday this page will be linked to on the eMedia Tab of Books, Movies & More as well as the Music Tab under Special Music for patrons to access.
There is brief information on the Freegal page with a link at the bottom to the FAQs, Tips & Tricks page on eRead Me Vegas – Freegal tab with more in-depth answers to questions about Freegal Music.
Things you need to know:
- Each library card is allowed 3 track (songs) downloads per week.
- If a patron has problems with a download they have two additional opportunities to download the song. this can be found under Recently Downloaded on the Freegal Music page after logging in.
- Each Monday morning (early) the counts are reset for the week.
- If a patron does not download during the week, they don’t get additional downloads the following week.
- It does work on an iPhone/iTouch but when I experimented with it I did have issues. The search by artist name did not function well and I clicked the download link it played but I couldn’t find it on the iTouch to play again. I had to go my Recently Downloaded link and download to my computer then transfer it to my iTouch.
Please give a try and if you have any questions or comments please post them here so everyone can see them.