- Two new options will be available to view titles: Grid and List (in addition to the existing Cover view), both of which provide more information about each title in the views.
- There will be a new “simplified” version of OverDrive Read that will allow your patrons to use OverDrive Read in Internet Explorer without installing a plugin. Patrons already using Internet Explorer with the Google Chrome Frame Plugin or using a different browser will see no difference. However, Internet Explorer versions 7, 8, and 9 will soon give patrons the option to use the “simplified” version instead.
The “simplified” version of OverDrive Read supports many of the features of OverDrive Read. However, because some of the features of OverDrive Read depend on the advanced features of HTML5 and CSS3 (which are not available in older browsers without the Google Chrome Frame Plugin), the “simplified” version will provide patrons with a different experience. The most notable of these are the absence of pagination and customized font sizes.
- The language for a title will be added to the Title Details page.
- Accessibility enhancements
- For US libraries only: The full ‘Get for Kindle’ experience will be available on mobile devices. Additionally, code has been enabled to prohibit a user from entering a ‘@kindle.com’ email address when placing a title on hold.