Melissa Marin Apr 16, 2013 1:17 PM – Show original item
Attention OverDrive Partners! Do you excel with eBooks? Are you an audiobook ambassador? An eBook educator? Marketing maven? Promotional powerhouse? If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions or are at least curious as to what I’m talking about… keep reading!
It is almost time for the OverDrive Digital Library Champions contest. In the past, we’ve run the Outreach Program Contest and found amazing marketing ideas from our library partners including Sacramento’s “Now in eBook format” stickers; Marion County’s Pinterest and Facebook campaigns promoting eBook of the Day staff picks; and The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County’s comprehensive outdoor promotion featuring truck wraps and billboards with QR codes that link to their digital collection.
This year, we have a new name and we’ve made a few changes to incorporate more chances to win and the opportunity for our winners to be honored at Digipalooza, our international user group conference held August 1st-4th in beautiful Cleveland, Ohio. The new name reflects what we hope to accomplish with this contest: We want to find the libraries and schools that are acting as a champion for the growth of eBooks, audiobooks and more in their library and community by successfully marketing their digital library.
We want to see the most creative and effective promotional campaigns for your digital collections from the past year. Awards will be given out for the following categories:
• Inside the Library – How are you making your physical branch aware of your ‘Virtual Branch’? Examples could include unique shelving and displays; patron training classes; gadget galleries; staff training; in-library events.
• Online – What are you doing through social networking, email or on your library website to drive traffic to your digital collection?
• Outside the Library – In what ways are you reaching out to your community to spread the word about your digital collection? Examples could include: billboards; sponsoring a local event; partnering with an area business; commuter outreach; ads in the paper or on TV.
• Test Drive – Are you enrolled in Test Drive and actively lending Test Drive approved devices to your patrons? Tell us how it’s going.
• Excellent eBook Educator (Open to K-12 schools and colleges only) – This new category is set aside for any school or college who would like to share their most innovative marketing ideas. This is inclusive of any and all promotional efforts that impact your OverDrive collection (including online marketing and in school campaigns).
In addition to these categories, a grand prize winner will be chosen to receive this year’s OverDrive Allstar Award. This award will be given to the library that excels in at least 3 out of the 4 categories: Inside, Outside, Online, Test Drive.
Start brainstorming now! More contest information, including details about the prizes and how to enter, will be posted here on the Digital Library Blog on Wednesday May 1st.
Questions? Reach out to us at email@example.com or leave a comment below.
Melissa Marin is a Marketing Specialist at OverDrive.
Let me know if you would like to participate in this event and I’ll help you submit your campaigns. – Lauren