- Users will be able to renew a borrowed title by placing a hold on the title after checkout. If the user is the only person on the waiting list, he/she will be able to borrow the title again after the lending period expires. If there are other users on the waiting list, he/she will be added to the list and will receive an email when the title is available to borrow. A 4-minute demonstration of how the renew feature works is available for you to view here. Upon launch of this feature, an article will be added to OverDrive Help with information for users.
- A fully-translated user interface can be added to your library’s Next Generation website in the following languages: Simplified Chinese, and Spanish. Note: The website can support three (3) languages at this time (including English). Please note the following:
- The translated user interface does not include title metadata or OverDrive Help.
- Additional languages will be offered in the future.
- The pinch-to-zoom functionality will be restored on mobile devices where available.
- The ‘Borrow’ / ‘Place a Hold’ button has been moved “above the fold” on mobile devices.
- The number of copies in the library’s digital collection of a title will be displayed on the Holds page.
- School-specific metadata including Interest level, ATOS book level, and Lexile measures, are now available to add to your website upon request. This metadata will be added to the Advanced Search and filtered search options.