New components are now launched on Gale’s Business & Company Resource Center.
Includes new investment research from Reuters Research on Demand, plus support for podcasts, blogs, and social networking!
BCRC now has a new collection of investment research reports from Reuters Research on Demand: a three-year rolling file of investment reports from investment banks, brokers, and independent research providers and from Reuters itself.
Nearly 40 providers of investment reports are included.*
Some of the benefits you will see are:
– Embargo: The embargo on the research reports depends upon the embargo period that the investment research provider has negotiated with Reuters. As a result, some reports available were published as recently as the same week.
– Speed: The new system is designed to serve up PDF research reports very quickly. Users can then view, print, or even save the PDF to their computer. (One type of report, the Reuters Estimates report, is in HTML.)
– Phantom PDFs: The new system is based on a real-time feed, so there will be NO instances where the results list shows a specific investment report that is not actually available.
– Reuters reports: Reuters is providing its own Estimates, Fundamentals Reports, and Investment Profiles.
– Simple UI: A no-nonsense user interface lets the business researcher quickly view a results list, choose a report to view, and navigate between pages. The results list shows the report name, date of publication, research provider, and number of pages in the report.
Investment research is accessible from the “Investment Reports” tab when viewing a company and by ticker symbol from the Advanced Search page. Additional search paths, such as by industry codes (SIC and NAICS) will be added in early 2008.
* The publishers of investment reports from Reuters Research on Demand that are now included are:
B. Riley & Co.; Brean Murray & Co.; Inc.; C.L. King & Associates; Capital One Equities; LTD; Capital One Southcoast; Inc.; Charles Stanley; Cohen Bros; CompanyNewsGroup; Craig Hallum; D.A. Davidson & Company; Davenport & Company; LLC; DBS Vickers Hong Kong Limited; Ferris; Baker Watts; Inc.; First Dallas Securities; Foresight Capital; Fortis Private Investment Management Ltd; Hilliard Lyons; Johnson Rice & Company; KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.; Lipper; A Reuters Company; McAdams Wright Ragen; Miller Johnson Steichen Kinnard; Inc.; Mito Securities Research Institute Co.; Ltd.; Phillip Securities (Thailand) Public Company Ltd; Polaris Securities Co. Ltd; Punk; Ziegel & Company; Research Capital Corp.; Reuters Estimates; Reuters Fundamentals; Reuters Investment Profile; Sharekhan Limited; South China Brokerage; SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Capital Markets; Susquehanna Financial Group LLLP; UpTick / Lipper; Wolfgang Steubing AG; Zacks Investment Research Inc.
The above list is subject to change. Gale and Reuters will evaluate the merits of additional research providers over time.
In addition, as you have probably noted, a new financials dashboard recently launched on Gale’s Business & Company Resource Center that includes extensive company stock and financial information, charting, audio content, open Web resources and much more.
- Current and historical company stock data
- Extensive audio content (podcasts and investor conference calls)
- Blogs from the open Web
- News articles from the open Web
- Company press releases
- SEC documents (including company balance sheets, cash flow statements, and other financials)
Plus, users can:
- Create charts that compare one stock to another, or to a particular index.
- Track their favorite newsfeeds for articles or podcasts by adding them to an RSS reader
- Share their favorite items via email or social networking sites like DIGG, del.icio.us, Technorati or Newsvine.
The dashboard includes five “views” that make navigation easy, and extensive interlinking within the Financials dashboard encourages usage. Plus it offers views into industries, world markets, currency, bank and treasury rates, and much more.
Check it out by logging into BCRC today.